domingo, 25 de janeiro de 2009

Perception

" There is a theory that when you aren't looking at 
       'Every object has two aspects,
something it doesn't exist. A situation obliquely analagous 
       the common aspect,
to a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat 
       which is the one we generally see
which isn't there. Certainly when I look at something, then 
       and the one which is seen by everyone,
shut my eyes, I can't see whatever it is - so can't be sure that
       and
 it's still there. I could give it a kick to reassure myself like 
       the ghostly and metaphysical aspect,
Samuel Johnson who, on hearing Bishop Berkley declare 
       which only rare individuals see
that reality was only a state of mind, kicked a rock to 
       at moments of clairvoyance
disprove him. But what I kick might be something else, so
       and metaphysical meditation'
 all I know is that when I open my eyes - it's come back 

again. I´m reminded of the Lennon-McCartney lyric 
       de Chirico
which asks: 'What do you see when you turn out the light? -

 I can't tell you, but I know it's mine.' "


Alan Fletcher


Sem comentários: